COPYRIGHT!

ALL posts from this blog is the author's original work. If you like any of the posts and want to have it on your website, PLEASE inform the author and give credit to her. Thank you!

Saturday 13 April 2019

Improving for the better...


We have all an attitude, behaviour and character that we don’t like about ourselves…
There is just that little thing that creeps upon us at times…

For example:
Making up our bed after we had a good night sleep…

Some people are just so lazy, that they prefer to leave their comforter lying around...
But we know that when our mum said: “Make up your bed!”
We threw a huge fuss because we don’t have that habit for that…
It is only when it starts to bother us that we need to make up our bed that we did it…
And then wonder why we didn’t make a habit out of it to begin with…

Are we darn lazy?
It sure seems like it…
But actually we are not lazy…
We just have a very bad attitude…

It is in us…
And we knew it…
And we knew that we need to change…
And so we desperately try to change ourselves…

Now, every morning, I make it a habit to make up my bed…
Clean the hair and dust and etc from the bed sheet…
Force myself to wake up extra early to wash the bedding once a month…

Oh boy!
It is so tiring…
But it is that one step ahead that will change us and help us to grow-up!

I wonder how many of you will just leave your bed the way it is and then got back to sleep without bothering about making it up?
I have been there done that!
And it was a bad habit that I am proud to say that I have finally broken it for months now.
These days, when I get up and look at my pigsty bed,
I knew I must get the bed sorted before I can do anything else…

Now,
Bed making is just one out of many bad habits that we have…

There are plenty of inner and personal attitude, characters, habits, words and actions that we need to change in ourselves…
And these changes have to be done within our own will

You see,
Our family and friends may have tried to tell us what is right and what is wrong for years…
They even showed us how to do certain things so that we will follow suit…
But the thing is,
It really depends on us to want to do it…
It is our initiative to take a step forward and make a change…
Because if we don’t want to make a change…
No matter who do what… Or who say what…
It is not going to affect us all…

Because we need to have the attitude/ character and the initiative to change ourselves…
We are the controller of our own mindset…
We are the controller of who we are!

But luckily for us,
There are people out there – including myself…
That really wants to improve as we grow…
We want to be a better person than our past…
We want to be better than yesterday…
We want to rise up and be a role model to our younger generation…
Because we know that while we will still make mistakes in life…
We learn from that mistakes and improve ourselves from there…
We create that new mentality to be an improvement to the society…
We don’t let our past beat us up…
Rather, we use it as a tool to polish it like precious jewels discovered from a rock…

Now,
Everyday when I get out of bed,
(After I made up my bed…)
I will pray and ask God to tell me what I should do to change in myself today…

Another thing about self-changing is that…
You cannot entirely do it yourself…
You need tons of determination, motivation, diligence and persistency to want to improve…

A lot of people have this idea of wanting to change themselves…
But they ended up not doing anything…
They just sit there and daydream all the good things but there is no work done…
It is just a dream… Not a reality…

And then there are some people who just want to change themselves…
But honestly, don’t know what to change… or where to change
And then they got themselves all messed up…
Because they tried to change so many part of themselves all at same time…
They drove themselves crazy!

That’s why I told myself…
“Nope… I cannot just change without knowing my direction…
Honestly, everything you do must have a specific goal/ direction…
If you don’t plan your way out…
You either drive yourself crazy or you completely do nothing about it except to fantasize it forever!”

So,
I grabbed a blank piece of paper,
Start writing down my goals…
What I want to see in myself…
What are the bad attitude/ character/ habit that I want to troubleshoot inside me…
Really making a list and then draw out the step-by-step and start practicing on it…

It really reminds me of practicing the piano…
If you want to master a song…
You got to break it down into sections and work on it – slowly…

If it is easy for you to master it…
Then congratulations!
Time to move on…

If not,
That’s fine…
Just take your time…
Smaller steps are better than a larger leap and a giant fall…

Now,
I have turn around some of my drastically bad habit of the past…
I am happy to see them leaving me…
It certainly feels good…
I am no longer the same person as I was yesterday… or last week/ last months or even last year!
I feel like I am becoming a different person day after day…
People who left me awhile ago,
If they were to see me again,
I think they will be surprise what I have done to myself…
Or, I should say… what God has done to me…

It’s amazing what you can really do…
If you determine to do it right…

Like everyone else…
I, too, have made tons of mistakes that throw my life off the loop…
But I am not going to let it mess up my future…
While I am sad that my past has destroy part of my future…
I will not let it destroy my entire life!
I will NOT let it put me down forever…
I will stand up and troubleshoot all my mistakes until I get it right and brave myself forward again…

Life is, after…
A good learning experience…
If we don’t learn…
We’ll never will…
Until we change our mindset…

Now, I feel like I have been changed about a hundredth times since the day I was born…
But it is good…
Everyday is a brand new day for me…
Everyday is an encouraging day for me…

I have been thru the lowest…
I don’t think there is any event lower than what I’ve experienced already…
If there is…
I think I should get thru it alright…
For I have already set my mind on things above…
And not on earthly thing… (Colossians 3:2)

What else can the world steal from me?
They can take away my materialistic stuffs…
But they cannot take away my relationship with God…
And my joy with Him…

The devil comes to steal as many things as we own – including our relationship with our loved ones…
But God will restores it back a thousandth folds…

All we have to do is to keep moving forward…
And continuously improve ourselves…

Hopefully when we look back,
We can say…
“I have improved – for good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Social Media gradually destroying us

Back in 2000, internet began to take the world by storm. Like many other children my age, I was quite tech-savy and was the first in the...