COPYRIGHT!

ALL posts from this blog is the author's original work. If you like any of the posts and want to have it on your website, PLEASE inform the author and give credit to her. Thank you!

Sunday 14 July 2019

Be thankful that...

... there is food on the table even if it comes from a very low class hawker street food stall. In my opinion, most hawker foods are much cheaper and nicer than the high class restaurants. But people of wealthier zone will resist it wholeheartedly saying it's too filthy and unhygienic. As for me: I clasped my hands together and say a gracious grace to my Heavenly Father for the blessed food. I am thankful there is food on the table. What more can one ask for? It was well-cooked, cheap and nice. My stomach has no complain even when the filthy rich has more to say than a string of noodle in the mouth. For me, it is not the money or the class, it is the heart of gratitude that my Heavenly Father remember to feed me when my body needed food.

... there is roof above your head even if it is a rented, dangerous place. I once came from a rented place whereby I used to share room with people; sleeping in a noisy hall whereby my hallmates slamming doors late at night, I thank God there is roof above my head despite the noise and dreadful smell. I solved the problem with a pair of earplugs and a mask. Anything beneath that, I pinched in to reduce the pollution without a word. Accept whatever there is. If not, find a solution - but be thankful life isn't as horrible as those living in third world country.

... there is a place to lay my head for the night even when the condition is horrible. I realised that no matter where I am and how I feel, I will still have go to sleep even when I tried to battle with various circumstances.Sleep doesn't care if you are at home or in the jungle or in prison, it comes just like that. Most people freak-out with the idea of sleeping in the dessert/ jungle or prison. As for me, I too, have similar fear, but I understood that as long as I am innocent/ harmless and be thankful that there is a place to lay my head for the night, God will protect me all throughout.

... there is clothes to wear even if it is old. Most people buy too many clothes to the point that they don't even have space for storage or even remember they have something similar to that. Some people even complained that none of their clothes seems to match their style anymore when the exact clothing trend keep making a comeback every 30 years or so... As for me, I just remain extremely grateful to have a few sensible clothing to cover my torso than a couple of banana/ palm leaf and a few coconut shells to cover our private parts.

... you have a life to live even when it doesn't go your way. Most people complain over every little thing in life whether it is about their personal feelings to their jobs and relationship. Not one of us ever remember the good things that once happened in each area of our life. Have we ever remembered how happy we once were when we had the job after facing the dreadful interviews? Only a handful does; but most don't anymore hence the complaint. Do you remember the good times when someone made you so comfortable you don't want anything else to come between you? Most people forget about it and curse their ex for all the wrongdoing forgetting the good old days... As for me: I believe that our life is to live a good one and maintain a positive effect on ourselves and be thankful to God for all the wonderful glory that He has given us. it doesn't matter who wronged me or belittled me... I have done my best at the given moment. I am not perfect and have made too many foolish mistakes to even mention it; but that doesn't stop me from wanting to improve myself for the better. To me: my life is a gift from God even when it doesn't go the way I wanted it to be. I learn to be content even at the simplest moment. I learn to surrender to Him even at the most difficult time - because my life is not my own; but God's will to direct the steps.

Be thankful....

You are so much more blessed than those who wish to have your place...

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Social Media gradually destroying us

Back in 2000, internet began to take the world by storm. Like many other children my age, I was quite tech-savy and was the first in the...