COPYRIGHT!

ALL posts from this blog is the author's original work. If you like any of the posts and want to have it on your website, PLEASE inform the author and give credit to her. Thank you!

Saturday 4 May 2019

Be different…Be You!


I guess it is something that all of us heard about long ago…
But most of us refused to apply to it…
Because…
We are afraid to be strange and alone?
We are scare of being the weird-case in the group…

I used to be scare of being different…
Refused to be outcast…
I want to belong to someone else…
I want to be everywhere where my friends are…
To the point that when people abandoned me,
I fear of isolation…

And little did I know…
Nobody wants me to be part of their group…
They said, I don’t belong…
I am not like them…
I cannot be their friends…

And they wish that I leave them alone at times…
But nobody was brave enough to tell me the truth…
Until one of them blurted it right into my face…

When things like that happen,
I ended up asking myself…
“Why me out of everyone else?”
I am like them…
Or so I thought?

I tried to change myself to blend in with them…
But I am still unacceptable…
Sigh…

Surely there must be someone who can accept me, right?
No…
I ended up doing everything alone…
A lone-ranger being laughed at for being alone…

I tried to find cure/ solution to my isolation but no answers…
Ended up,
I am still mobbing on the street alone…

It was many years later,
A voice spoke to me…
“Why are you so desperate to be accepted?
Why do you want to be the one for them when you are uniquely yourself?
Is it because of approval?
Is it due to lack of confident?

Why do you want people to say… “You are who I needed’?
When you should say to yourself… “I am all I need…”
Life doesn’t change if you wait for someone else to change…
Life change when YOU change yourself!

So,
I begin to pluck my courage,
And left the bunch of friends that doesn’t count me in…
And start training myself to be valuable on the inside out…
Without any expectation from others…
Be completely outstanding…
Be someone that nobody can be…
Because only you can be you!

It wasn’t easy to begin with…
But I brave it all out…

I may look like an oddball within the crowd…
But I am fine with it…
I learn to accept the difference between all other human beings…

When people look at me,
They have different opinion of me…
Some may say I am lonely or quiet or shy…
But that’s fine….
Such comment doesn’t define me entirely…
As the saying goes…
“Don’t judge a book by its cover…”

Loneliness doesn’t mean lonely…
There is a friend within the thin air…
If we knows how to acquaintance with it…
Then you will know that someone is always there…

I have learnt that well…
My secret friends are my music and my soul…
People cannot hear my music,
Because music only sings to me…
Unless I willingly share it out…
Yet nobody knows until they saw me scrabble it on a piece of paper…
But still,
It doesn’t sum me up as a whole…
You need more details to portrait me in depth…
Even artists can tell you that you need at least 100 of hours to paint a live portrait before you can call it ‘done!’


Suddenly,
I am comfortable in being myself…
I am good in being me…
Being different…
Being special…

Now,
I don’t need to find someone to accept me anymore…
Because,
In the end, I am still uniquely me…
I am me…

So,
Just be true…
Be YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How Social Media gradually destroying us

Back in 2000, internet began to take the world by storm. Like many other children my age, I was quite tech-savy and was the first in the...